Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Money, more than enough for me.

I happened to start thinking about my life after graduation.
Especially now that I have got my internship. I suppose it to be a simulation of what is to come.

And I hoped (and still hope) it to be all rosy.

But one thing struck me.
Quite hard.

My study's on loan.
And the amount looks a little scary.

If I choose to make smaller payments after graduation, I would be paying dearly for interests.
If I choose to shorten the schedule, I would have to live with lesser means during the earlier years. And that could still be a few years.

The short term net effect, realistically speaking, isn't anything better than my present status (now that I don't have immediately due loan payments and other reciprocal obligations such as to my parents). I could probably not be looking at any increment in "enjoyment", if any, measuring by the amount of real disposable income according to my map.

And, my other life plans?

It is one thing to know how to be satisfied. But scarcity scares.

...

And then I went online, headed for SMU's graduate employment surveys.
I could have understated my starting salary by being conservative. I forgot that my confidence in SMU graduates' proven record of good head-starts was one of my primary reason for choosing the university. Not that bad.

Okay.

And then I remembered something more important too.
My confidence is in my Heavenly Father.
If anybody holds a good record, He holds the trump position.
If I were to count on my many miraculous blessings, those deposits to my life account, material and spiritual, they are beyond human reason.

So my absolute faith rests in Him.
While the paper with the sums I just did still sits in front of me,
I know my sights can be set higher. On Him.

:)

No comments: